While navigating through the streets of Kansas City , you’ve probably noticed numerous billboards promoting businesses that specialize in purchasing homes. These “We Buy Houses” companies are hard to miss, with their bold claims of quick, hassle-free home sales. But as alluring as the promise of a quick buck in exchange for your property may sound, it’s natural to ask: just how credible are these companies? This blog post aims to shed light on the validity of these organizations and provide you with the necessary insights to make an informed decision. We’ll delve into their business models, explore customer experiences, and investigate whether they truly offer a beneficial solution for homeowners.
Are These “We Buy Houses in Kansas City Companies” Credible?
How do I know if the local house buying companies out there are honest and credible?
They are not all created equal even though they might all look the same at the start. We want to share some things to look for in a local house buying company so you can tell if they are credible before you work with them.
Buying and selling houses is a valid and respectable profession that can help communities and house sellers in many ways. However, just like any other services there are fair and honest people and those who will take advantage of people who are vulnerable. The latter of the home buyers reflects badly on the entire profession.
Those who are really great, ethical folks, while not representing the seller like a real estate agent, will keep fairness to the seller in mind and will improve their neighborhoods one property at a time.
Others who are dishonest people will put money ahead of the well being of their clients. They might even sign a contract to sell their own grandmother’s home right out from under her as long as they were making enough money.
There are many of them out there who are ONLY looking out for themselves and want to make quick easy money.
We’ll help you avoid these “shady house buyers” so you can work with honest, ethical, and reputable local companies who can buy your house for a fair all cash offer and close on your schedule.
Let’s cover exactly what the best home buyers are doing.
What Reputable Kansas City House Buyers Are Doing
- Helping folks improve their lives by accessing the money they need right away. People often need the cash in their house to cover unexpected medical expenses, or to relocate to be close to a relative. We can make that happen in just a few days, and we deliver peace of mind.
- Helping sellers get rid of a burdensome property without the hassle of having to list it with a broker and wait for a sale.
- Creating local jobs. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, administrators and many other folks along the way. The average real estate transaction involves 86 people from start to finish. Our investments help create real jobs for people around Kansas City .
- Buying US products. We spend tons of money on materials that are made right here in the USA – that creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers and more. The US economy depends on steady improvement, and that requires investment from folks like us.
- Increasing the value of Kansas City neighborhoods. When we improve a house, we’re helping to increase the value of the entire community. We often repair abandoned and neglected houses, turning them into homes for families. That activity strengthens Kansas City .
- Increasing the tax base. When a new buyer takes over one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. Those taxes go to pay for our schools, fire, police, libraries, streets and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, improving our neighborhoods.
Lots of people think of cash home buyers as thieves looking to take advantage of people in distress in order to get rich quick. That’s fueled by silly “reality” shows that amp up the drama and from the the shady home buyers who do not manage transactions with honesty and integrity.
So let’s get back to how you can use this information to find out if someone is a credible home buyer, and not just pulling a house buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local Home Buyer
First, ask where they are located. Make sure you are working with someone local as you have a lower probability of getting scammed by someone whose community will hold them accountable for their actions. When you talk with a local home buyer about purchasing your house… ask them some of the questions below to ensure they’re reputable, knowledgeable, and honest.
Ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the proudest?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Second, look for tell tale signs of tactics that those few shady operators tend to use.
- High pressure sales– if a home buyer is a fast talking salesman, pushing you to make a decision and sign a contract right now, they are trying to capitalize on your immediate pain and vulnerability. Don’t let them pressure you.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a property buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your house, rather than a professional place like a closing attorney or title company… be leery. Most reputable house buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party place… like a title company. This ensures everything is done right and on the up and up. However, most honest companies will allow you to choose the title company and you should take them up on this offer. Some title companies may not truly be neutral in the transaction because they have a relationship to maintain with that home buyer.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If a house buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house and says that you have to make the decision today, be leery. Most reputable house buying services will make you and offer and that offer will be on the table for at least 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make a decision. The reason reputable house buying services like ours at Mastiff Home Buyers do place deadlines on our offers is because the market changes and values can change week to week depending on other sales in the area, also… we buy multiple houses a month and when we make you an offer we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase your house is ready and we’ll reserve that cash for several days so if you do want to sell your house, we can close on your schedule. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their home sale.
Most scammers are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview, so chances are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions.
True investors who run honest and ethical Kansas City house buying services, however, are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development. At Mastiff Home Buyers we may spend an hour or more with you on the phone or preferably in person.
So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy houses in Kansas City companies“, never be afraid to ask questions! We love questions and are here to make sure you get them all answered and can make an informed decision about selling to us.