Moving is not something that any one enjoys thinking about. When you are moving and need to sell your house, there are so many things that have to be coordinated. I moved across the state of Kansas and had to make big decisions quickly on location and timing so the move could happen prior to the start of a school year. Dealing with the current home became a hassle. Luckily today, Mastiff Home Buyers can help you avoid that hassle. We can help you sell your house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Kansas City right now!).
There are so many details to keep together, plus there is often stress associated with the move from the start. Many people move for new jobs or to take care of sick relatives and these kinds of life transitions can be taxing on you.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Plan For Your Move
Determine what options you have so that you can plan accordingly. You will know what dates and deadlines are not flexible for you. When I moved, my job start date was flexible, but the first day of school was not, so everything had to be in place before that deadline. Will you need to wait until your current house sells before you can buy another home or can you qualify for two mortgages?
Qualifying for two mortgages and having full means to pay two mortgages are two very separate things. Consider all your options and don’t allow yourself to get stuck.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re moving and need to sell your house in Kansas City ?
Moving And Need To Sell Your House In Kansas City
Start with these steps:
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can hire a real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. A word of advice is to never trust the Zillow estimates as usually they are widely inaccurate. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able / willing to sell the house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you move or if you need to sell before you move: Consider how quickly houses are selling once they are listed and determine how many months you can afford to pay two mortgages. I moved across the state and was stuck paying two mortgages for a long while because my renter fell through and the market was very slow. I ended up selling for much less than I wanted and still had to bring closing costs to the table. It was a truly awful situation.
- Find a good listing agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Be sure to check credentials and recent sales. If you choose to use an agent who doesn’t have any experience, you may end up wasting time. It costs you money the longer it takes to sell your house. If you would rather not hire a listing agent, we are local Kansas city home buyers and can help you to solve your problem. If you are ready to discuss your options, Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. listing and waiting for the right offer: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. You must calculate your profit minus costs to hold the house and pay the real estate agent. The costs involved include the mortgage (which is most likely all interest), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Let’s say you want to sell your house for $200,000. Your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, Insurance $100/mo, and maintenance $100/mo, totaling $1600/month. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house, for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees. This loss of money, doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market.
We love helping people solve complicated problems, so if you are willing to share all of the details with us about your situation and what you need to accomplish, we will work on finding the solution that is right for you.
You may want to market your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to make sure that you don’t end up paying two mortgages. However, this is a lot to juggle along with preparing yourself and your family for a move. If you want to rent and need an approved renter quickly, let us be your tenant. We can sublease the property, but you never have to worry about vacancy. We can also manage a lease with option to purchase agreement through which your property is leased to someone who intends to buy it.
With any of our solutions, we take the action and the stress off you, so you don’t have to be concerned with tenants, or maintenance, or payments.
Who Is Mastiff Home Buyers And How Can We Help You If You’re Moving And Need To Sell Your House In Kansas City ?
We are local Kansas City home buyers. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Kansas City home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
We are passionate about helping people, and we believe in the Kansas City community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Kansas City real estate, so please feel free to call us at 816-535-0076 to chat anytime.