Throughout the year of 2020 and even into 2021, Foreclosures were halted due to COVID. Many people were struggling financially and couldn’t keep up with payments. However, banks did offer programs to help homeowners keep their homes. For some, payments were deferred until a later time, and that later time is coming up. We hope that most people have been able to catch up and won’t be faced with foreclosure, however, if you are facing foreclosure in Kansas City , we can help.
If you have a Kansas City house that’s in foreclosure right now, but want to get out from under that burden, there are some options for you. Wondering can I sell my house in foreclosure? The short answer: yes. The long answer: it’s a little more complicated, but usually you can sell your property prior to foreclosure. Generally, the sooner you start, the better.
Can I Sell My House in Foreclosure in Kansas City ? – How it works
In recent years, especially since the onset of COVID, the landscape of foreclosure has been changing in Kansas City . It’s worth noting that your mortgage lender isn’t keen on auctioning off your home or seeing it abandoned. Contrary to popular belief, banks often fare better financially by helping you sidestep foreclosure through a property sale. That said, interacting with banks during any phase of the foreclosure process can be incredibly stressful. If you’d rather not navigate this challenging terrain, we’re here to assist you in halting the foreclosure process so you can move forward with your life.
Working With Banks During The Foreclosure Process
- Always over-communicate with the bank (but don’t be annoying). Call or email them with updates and show them what you’re doing to get your property sold.
- Don’t miss deadlines. If anything will be late, call or email with advance notice. Make sure to specifically ask that your conversation be noted in your file.
- Remember that bankers are people too. Don’t be overly dramatic, but explaining your situation and demonstrating your willingness to fix the problems to make it right goes a long way.
- Start keeping careful records of every conversation you have with the bank. Nothing counts unless it is in writing. Make sure to keep track of each person you speak with, what they said, and any promises made. Do not simply depend on them to keep the records. While you do need to ask them to note specific conversations in your file, you need to also keep a record of it.
- Explore all your options, including short sale, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. Depending on the details of your personal situation, you may be able to dramatically slow down the foreclosure process with enough effort. Each bank has its own policies to help borrowers avoid foreclosure.
- Don’t wait. Unfortunately, time is not on your side. The further behind you become on payments, the fewer options are available to you.
We specialize in helping homeowners in situations including foreclosure around Kansas City get out of difficult situations and avoid foreclosure. In certain circumstances, we can negotiate directly with the bank to reduce the amount you owe and (sometimes) even help you walk away from your property with cash.
If you need to sell a property near Kansas City , we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.